Finite Element and CFD for Powertrain Engineering
FEA & CFD Based Simulation Design Analysis Virtual prototyping MultiObjective Optimization
Enteknograte is an expert partner to the automotive and mobility industry for the development of innovative powertrain systems. The need for CO₂ reduction, the increasing complexity of new powertrain systems, and a requirement to achieve the highest possible level of process efficiency – along with the need to quickly launch new models – are some of the key challenges facing the automotive industry now and for the foreseeable future.
Simulation Based Design of Powertrain Systems
From diesel engines to electric drives, from alternative fuels to control, from transmissions to batteries, we have been working to design and optimize new challenging process to obtain new standards criteria and even more than it. Unique synergies with Enteknograte experience and combination of Advanced Simulation Technologies enable the development of highly creative, mature and application-specific solutions to enable our customers to meet their future market challenges.
In addition, new energy management systems such as cylinder deactivation systems and start-stop systems can cause new transient NVH phenomena. These new complex NVH issues need to be addressed on top of the typical engine-related NVH topics, such as engine radiation, gearbox rattle, whine, judder, clunk, fuel slosh, intake and exhaust noise, and auxiliary noises.
What we do for Powertrain Engineering:
Focusing increasingly on electrification, hybrid technology, and lightweight concepts, we drive advancements for CO2 emission reduction forward.
Providing design, development, and simulation on components, engines, transmissions, and vehicles, we also support R&D and simulation for fuel mixing, combustion, filtration, and fluid flow analysis.
Innovative Design and Virtual Test
Enteknograte offers best software solution and combination of the solutions, features and validated simulation methods dedicated to combustion system and engine component development, enabling superior engine performance.
NVH based Design and Considerations
The challenge for the NVH specialists is to support the concept and design development process by reliable recommendations just-in-time prior concept or design freeze. Enteknograte’s specialists particularly use advanced methodologies for NVH simulation and optimization:
- FEA based Powertrain
- Structural Optimization
- Optimization of Engine Dynamics based on MBD ( Multi-Body Dynamics Simulation)
- Concurrent optimization of combustion efficiency with NVH considerations
- Vehicle Interior Noise Simulation based on measurement and CAE
- Vehicle Exterior Noise Simulation with couple use of CFD and FEA solvers
- Objective Analysis of Sound Quality
Real-World Simulation services in Automotive Engineering, Powertrain Component Development, NVH, Combustion, Thermal Simulation, Crash Test Simulation, Seat Design, Welding & Forming Finite Element based Technologies
Innovative Design and Virtual Test
- Engine Simulation Technologies including steady-state, semi-anechoic and highly-dynamic Simulation beds with road-load simulation and constant-volume sampler systems
- Base engine Simulation beds adapted to address project requirements –include specialist capabilities such as ’tilt’ where engines may be subjected to dynamic and static inclination in loaded and unloaded conditions
- Performance and emission Simulation using the latest advanced tools and techniques including automated mapping and design of experiments
- For driveline and transmission Simulation, we provide two- and four-wheel drive fully dynamic electrical rigs; an anechoic Simulation chamber; and gearshift Durability, functionality and lubrication development rigs
- Chassis dynamometers covering a range of FEA and CFD simulation from emission and durability to noise, vibration and harshness (NVH), addressing applications including motorcycles, scooters and small commercial vehicles
- Rig systems to support development on components and sub-assemblies
- Particle size and number measurement
- After-treatment and fuels and lubricants Simulation
- Training and support for clients’ Simulation engineering teams.