Vibration Fatigue Finite Element Simulation: Time & Frequency Domain
FEA & CFD Based Simulation Design Analysis Virtual prototyping MultiObjective Optimization
Structural vibration can be a source for many product related problems; it can cause fatigue and durability problems as well as adverse reactions to the user or bystanders in the form of undesirable vibrations that can be felt or heard. As well, undesired structural vibrations can prevent products from operating as required and potentially becoming a safety concern. The Vibration Fatigue simulation predict fatigue in the frequency domain and it is more realistic and efficient than time-domain analysis for many applications with random loading such as wind and wave loads.
We do Vibration Fatigue Finite Element Simulation with MSC CAEFatigue, Ansys Ncode, Simulia FE-Safe and FEMFAT:
- Simulates vibration shaker tests driven by random PSD, swept-sine, sine-dwell, or sine-on-random loading
- FE models are solved for frequency response or modal analysis
- Vibration loading is defined in Fatigue simulation tools and can include effect of temperature, static offset load cases and complete duty cycles of combined loading
- Vibration fatigue loads can be used for SN, EN, seam weld, spot weld
Fatigue simulation is used for many types of durability analysis:
- High-cycle (S-N) Stress-Life fatigue
- Low-cycle (E-N) Strain-Life fatigue
- Neuber and other plasticity correction methods
- Crack initiation and growth using Paris
- “Hot spot” identification
- Deformation and damage analysis
- Virtual strain gauge for test-analysis correlation
- Damage accumulation using Palmgren-Miner
- Fatigue of Rotating Systems
- Vibration fatigue using random loading
- Spot and seam weld analysis
- Classic “weld classification” approach to fatigue
- Material failure predictions
- Non-proportional, multiaxial stress states
- Multiple simultaneous loads and multiple events allowed
- Safety factor analyses
Based on what we want to Design and Analysis, Stress, Strain or temperature from finite element (FE) software such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, LS-Dyna, MSC Marc etc used. This FEA (Finite Element Analysis) must contain correspond simulation step detail based on what we want to do in Fatigue Simulation. Enteknograte engineers use different methodology for each specific industrial and research fields and multiphysics. MSC CAEFatigue, Ansys Ncode, Simulia FE-Safe and FEMFAT are our fatigue analysis tools. With the Fatigue analysis, we can:
- Correct for mean stress and surface finish effects
- Determine a scale or fatigue concentration factor required to achieve a target life
- Review damage histograms to determine which load cycles were most damaging
- Output damage time histories to show exactly when the damage occurred
Durability and Fatigue Application highlights in different industry
- Fatigue Simulation in Aerospace: Wings, panels, engine blades, rivets, bondings, valves, nacelles, interior component, etc.
- Durability and Fatigue in Automotive: Chassis, rivets, bolts, wheels, connecting rods, full body systems, door, seat, dashboard, interior component, drivetrain component, underhood, oil cooler bracket, front-end carrier,Fatigue behavior of vehicle-mounted medical equipment as it interacts with the suspension dynamics of the vehicle and the road load, etc.
- Fatigue Application in Biomedical: Prosthesis, Fatigue properties of medical implants, etc.
- Durability and Fatigue in Energy sector: Pipes, vessel, valves, fan blade, pump body, Effects of the complex conditions seen in wind turbines such as vibration, the effects of rotating components and different wind states, etc.
- Fatigue Simulation in Electronics: Connectors, clips, electronic racks and housing assemblies,etc.
- Fatigue Simulation in Marine and offshore: Ship hulls and staructures fatigue analysis of welded joints using FEA models, etc.