Battery Thermal Management: Simulation Based Design
FEA & CFD Based Simulation Design Analysis Virtual prototyping MultiObjective Optimization
Safe, efficient, and cost-effective designs of Electric Vehicles (EVs) batteries become more important. Lithium-ion batteries are the mainstream battery solution for today’s EVs but are sensitive to their operational thermal conditions. Therefore, thermal simulation of these battery packs is paramount in the designing phase, which includes consideration of heat production by battery electro-chemistry, internal resistivity and cooling, EV cooling system, etc.
We offer consulting to simulation plan that will achieve customer objectives. Our staff can rapidly mesh vehicle or battery geometry for optimal simulation time and carry out the model setup, analysis, and validation/verification. Using the advanced methods, we can simulate battery operating scenarios using 3D Advanced simulation tools.
- Optimized simulation process for cell and pack level studies
- Cooling, insulation, and heat protection studies
- Vehicle drive cycle model: heat up and cool down
- Electrical drive cycle power profile
- Coupled thermal-electrical simulation
- Analysis of battery cells
- Design of battery pack systems
- Packaging and vehicle integration
- Battery life prediction and battery runaway