Finite element simulation of woven fabric composites
FEA & CFD Based Simulation Design Analysis Virtual prototyping MultiObjective Optimization
We use advanced FEA tools for material investigations based on an advanced woven model that is capable to consider the underlying weave pattern and yarn structure that cover weave patterns in which the warp yarns go across multiple layers of weft yarns, hence improving the interlaminar toughness and the impact resistance of the material. Structural analyses set up based on local warp / weft information from draping simulations. Material modeling performed fully nonlinear, temperature and strain rate dependent.
Woven composites are typically draped onto more or less complex surfaces to produce structural parts. The overall objective is to use light-weight materials with the best stiffness and strength properties possible. The draping process can have significant impact on local warp and weft angles which leads to a local variation of effective material properties. Understanding the connection between the warp / weft microstructure, the resulting material properties and finally their influence on the part performance is crucial knowledge in the design process of woven composite structure.
Enteknograte Engineering team Consultant service offers strong FEA based Design and Simulation in woven composite materials and structures.
What Enteknograte do with FEA Based Simulation Design in Composite Material Engineering:
- Multi-scale analyses to predict the nonlinear microstructure behavior of plastic & composite materials & structures
- Speeds up the development process for composite materials and structures
- Perform detailed analyses of materials on the microstructure level
- Derive microstructure material models suited for multi-scale coupling of the micro- and macroscopic level
- Bridges the gap between manufacturing and performance
- Understand Thermal, Thermo-Mechanical and Electrical behaviour of New Material
- Crash Performance simulation
- Fatigue and Creep assessment of Composite and New Material
- Acoustic and Vibration analysis before Manufacturing
- Stiffness and Strength properties
- Process simulation: Injection and compression molding, drape molding, RTM, etc.
- Industries: Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Material Suppliers, etc.
CAE softwares: MSC software (Digimat, Marc, Nastran), Abaqus, Altair, ANSYS, Autodesk Moldflow, LS-Dyna, PAM-CRASH, RADIOSS and SAMCEF.