Hard Metal: Finite Element Simulation for Mechanical Properties on the Microstructural Level
FEA & CFD Based Simulation Design Analysis Virtual prototyping MultiObjective Optimization
Hard metals are functional materials with tuned performances arising from the composite microstructure. Understanding those composites on the microstructural level is key for material suppliers who need to innovate their products. Hard metals are two-phase materials with significantly differing mechanical properties on the microstructural level. Material properties are tuned by varying the content and microstructure of a hard inclusion phase. Key to further material development is to understand and optimize microstructural stresses in the composite.
The complexity of hard metal microstructures makes it extremely difficult to calculate stresses and strains at the microstructural level, especially in three-dimensional analyses. Enteknograte Engineering team use combination of advanced Numerical simulation FEA tools and customize them with Programming and developing user defined constitutive equation with Fortran, Matlab and Python to solve this problem and verify the results.
Key Features of our Simulation:
- Realistic RVE of hard metal microstructures dependent on content, grain size
- Computation of microstructural stresses & strains based on FE technology
- Probabilistic distribution functions and homogenized material properties
What Enteknograte do with FEA Based Simulation Design in Composite Material Engineering:
- Multi-scale analyses to predict the nonlinear microstructure behavior of plastic & composite materials & structures
- Speeds up the development process for composite materials and structures
- Perform detailed analyses of materials on the microstructure level
- Derive microstructure material models suited for multi-scale coupling of the micro- and macroscopic level
- Bridges the gap between manufacturing and performance
- Understand Thermal, Thermo-Mechanical and Electrical behaviour of New Material
- Crash Performance simulation
- Fatigue and Creep assessment of Composite and New Material
- Acoustic and Vibration analysis before Manufacturing
- Stiffness and Strength properties
- Process simulation: Injection and compression molding, drape molding, RTM, etc.
- Industries: Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Material Suppliers, etc.
CAE softwares: MSC software (Digimat, Marc, Nastran), Abaqus, Altair, ANSYS, Autodesk Moldflow, LS-Dyna, PAM-CRASH, RADIOSS and SAMCEF.