Finite Element Simulation of Plastic materials
FEA & CFD Based Simulation Design Analysis Virtual prototyping MultiObjective Optimization
For Plastic Materials such as Thermoplastics (PA, PP, PC, POM, PPA) and Thermosets (Epoxy, Polyurethane) reinforced with short, long or continuous glass and/or carbon fibers, taking into account the effect of the manufacturing process, like compression and injection molding of the performance of the part, is the most important challenge in design procedure. Enteknograte engineering team use FEA based simulation and design within advanced CAE software for investigation of modal, creep, stiffness, crash, durability/fatigue of plastic material based structures.
A special case in Plastic Material is that Short fibers reinforcement leads to an anisotropic behavior for the material. Other effects resulting from the manufacturing process – like weldline and residual stresses – can be also considered in simulation. In the case of short fiber reinforced plastics (SFRP), advanced modelling solution used to capture the bundle effect that can be observed only with long fibers.
What Enteknograte do with FEA Based Simulation Design in Composite Material Engineering:
- Multi-scale analyses to predict the nonlinear microstructure behavior of plastic & composite materials & structures
- Speeds up the development process for composite materials and structures
- Perform detailed analyses of materials on the microstructure level
- Derive microstructure material models suited for multi-scale coupling of the micro- and macroscopic level
- Bridges the gap between manufacturing and performance
- Understand Thermal, Thermo-Mechanical and Electrical behaviour of New Material
- Crash Performance simulation
- Fatigue and Creep assessment of Composite and New Material
- Acoustic and Vibration analysis before Manufacturing
- Stiffness and Strength properties
- Process simulation: Injection and compression molding, drape molding, RTM, etc.
- Industries: Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Material Suppliers, etc.
CAE softwares: MSC software (Digimat, Marc, Nastran), Abaqus, Altair, ANSYS, Autodesk Moldflow, LS-Dyna, PAM-CRASH, RADIOSS and SAMCEF.