Creep and Creep-Fatigue Interactions: Finite Element Analysis of Time and Temperature Dependent Damage
FEA & CFD Based Simulation Design Analysis Virtual prototyping MultiObjective Optimization
In Thermo-Mechanical Fatigue Analysis, we use special solvers for high temperature fatigue and creep by using stress and temperature results from finite element simulations. Mechanical loads that vary at a different rate to the temperature variations can also be combined. Applications include components that are both mechanically and thermally loaded such as vehicle exhaust systems and manifolds. Finite Element analysis is used for stress analysis, but this does not answer the most important questions: How long will the component last in service? What design changes are needed to provide optimum durability? How does elevated temperature service reduce durability? What is the cause of failure: creep, fatigue, or creep-fatigue interaction?
With Combination of advanced FEA and Fatigue Analysis tools, we can solve complicated problem in power plant components, power station boilers, gas turbine blades and steam turbine components in high temperature field. Also this simulation is very necessary in powertrain industry (automotive exhaust components and turbocharger impellers) where creep and creep fatigue interaction is prevalent. We can Calculate this parameters based on clients needs:
- Where fatigue cracks will occur
- When fatigue cracks will occur
- How creep mechanisms will influence fatigue life
- The factors of safety on working stresses – for rapid optimization
- The endurance of components in high temperature environments where fatigue damage mechanisms and creep damage mechanisms interact to significantly reduce component life
Based on what we want to Design and Analysis, Stress, Strain or temperature from finite element (FE) software such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, LS-Dyna, MSC Marc etc used. This FEA (Finite Element Analysis) must contain correspond simulation step detail based on what we want to do in Fatigue Simulation. Enteknograte engineers use different methodology for each specific industrial and research fields and multiphysics. MSC CAEFatigue, Ansys Ncode, Simulia FE-Safe and FEMFAT are our fatigue analysis tools.
considering Creep-Fatigue interaction in high temperature simulations identifies whether fatigue and/or creep are the dominant damaging mechanisms, thus allowing re-design to focus on the relevant damage mechanisms and significantly reduce pre-service component testing.
- Thermo-mechanical fatigue damage, creep damage through Ductility Exhaustion, and fatigue-creep interaction
- Thermo-mechanical fatigue damage and fatigue-creep damage interaction based on Strain Range Partitioning
- Inelastic Strain Range Partitioning of the strain cycle and computation of plastic-plastic (PP), creep-plastic (CP), plastic-creep (PC), and creep-creep (CC) damage
- Damage for each individual cycle, including damage for uncompleted cycles
- Advanced treatment of multiaxial stresses